Become a Member
Members have the unique opportunity to shape the direction of this exciting initiative in its early years, helping to lay the foundation for participants to become powerful agents of change - all while growing the resources available for international development practitioners, business leaders, and entrepreneurs working in base-of-the-pyramid contexts worldwide.
Annual membership dues:
- Corporations, corporate foundations, government agencies: $20,000
- International nongovernmental organizations: $5,000
- Social ventures: no dues
- Participation in all MIT Practical Impact Alliance activities throughout the year* – including working groups, online courses, workshops, co-design summits, conferences and special events, and opportunities to engage with MIT students
- Special access to select events run by D-Lab and partner MIT centers
- Facilitated connections to faculty and experts within relevant departments, labs, and centers across the Institute based on your organization’s needs
*Members are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Join the Practical Impact Alliance
To learn more about becoming a member of the MIT Practical Impact Alliance, please reach out: email@example.com.
See what some of our members have to say about joining PIA:
"Innovation does not happen with one person or one organization. If we are to adapt and continue to add value to our changing environment, we must also work with others to co-create effective solutions. PIA presents an opportunity to do just that – to exchange ideas and engage in non-traditional relationships that may result in valuable contributions to alleviating poverty."
- Jean Capili; Innovation Specialist, Global Office of Strategy, Collaboration, and Innovation (GOSCI), World Vision International
"We’re thrilled to be a founding member of MIT D-Lab’s Practical Impact Alliance. Collaborations that bring industry partners, NGOs and academia together help make real solutions that address the needs of underserved populations accessible."
- Michael Moscherosch; Director, External Innovation and Alliances, Johnson & Johnson
"Our mission at the Melton Foundation is to collaborate across boundaries to address our global challenges. As a collaboration among businesses, non-profits, and higher education to create innovative solutions to global poverty, the Practical Impact Alliance speaks to the core of our mission. We can't wait to contribute to and draw from the ideas and actions generated by PIA in the months and years ahead."
- Winthrop Carty; Executive Director, the Melton Foundation
"The vision of the Practical Impact Alliance aligns well with Greif’s focus on innovation that serves our customers and our purpose, keeping people and products safe. We look forward to working with MIT and other leading companies that share a similar passion for improving the world in which we live."
- Kyle Shen; Vice President, Commercial Excellence and New Product Development, Greif